Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Scrap Chick Centerpiece

This is my second design with My Scrap Chick's Franken-tastic. I decided to make one of my original centerpieces. I normally use Cake Pops in this piece, but for Halloween, I used Tootsie Pops! Who doesn't love a Tootsie Pop, hey? This actually holds 14 Tootsie Pops. The little Franken-tastic Monster was a perfect image for this Halloween centerpiece. By edging with a bit of dark ink around each image, and adding small beady eyes, I gave him that "deer in the headlights" look, and layered all of the components to create a crazy, Halloween centerpiece with goodies for all.  
All of my centerpieces are double-sided and sandwiched with a  pixie straw in-between.   Now, I know, you all always ask...how did I make this centerpiece? This is something I created myself a few years ago. I used a container and a ring to hold these pops in place.  The cupcake liners are used as a filler and for a little decoration.  When you use cake pops, you really need these liners to catch the crumbs and keep the oils away from staining the base. The My Scrap Chick Design Team has some fabulous holiday ideas to share with you next month too...see you then.  
Thanks for stopping by.
DT Margie 
My Scrap Chick



No comments: