Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sprinkled with Love Baby Shower



Hi friends, I wanted to share this adorable baby shower I created for a little boy, titled Sprinkled with Love! The theme colors were shades of Gray, Yellows, and White. I mixed several files from some wonderful designers to complete this project. The centerpieces were created by two kits from My Scrap ChickCute as a Button Boxes and the Cupcake Stand File


So, let me try to explain how I did these little pedestals. I use them all the time and everyone is always amazed as to how it's done.  I use my kitchen stemmed water glass, similar to a wine glass with a bigger bulb. The stem and base are big and heavy so it would tip over.


I just place a luncheon plate over the rim of the glass. Be sure the plate rim is BIGGER than the opening of the glass, so it doesn't slip off.  Then, I take the top of the Cupcake Stand and place it over the plate, covering it completely. DONE! It's simple and darling.  Don't forget to fill your glass with pretty candies!  The ribbon on the pedestal is actually the printed cardstock cut into strips...nice took to tie everything together.  


I added double-sided Pretty Poke Storks from Little Scraps of Heaven, which were poked into the floral centerpieces on the dessert table.    
The Chevron Banner Round is from the Silhouette On-line Store from Snapdragon Snippets.


The little watering can with heart button and little boy rompers were added to the bunting to break things up and tie it all together.  Matching ribbon came from Hobby Lobby!!!  Too cute for words!! 

 

I don't do many little boy showers so this was really fun. I love the colors and the theme. Very simple but still elegant.  

On to a BIRTHDAY PARTY BOUQUET for this week friends.  Happy Crafting...stop by anytime!!

~Margie
    

No comments: