Friday, December 16, 2011

Gingerbread House Contest

Two years ago, at Christmastime, we had a Gingerbread House Contest between my family.  My oldest daughter, Jennifer and her husband Kenny were the first contestants, the second was my daughter Lisa and her husband Jack, the third was my youngest daughter Katelyn, my husband Chet  and myself....unfortunately Kate, Chet and I dropped out before the contest started.  So the battle of the sisters was on. I should mention...this was the second contest of the year between siblings...we did a Pumpkin Carving Contest as well.  Oh what fun we have at home!!

I had my best friend, Mary and her husband Phil come judge our Gingerbread Contest.  We thought it would be a couple hours of fun but it turning into a little more stress than we had anticipated...8 hours later!!  Now we can look back and laugh.  Needless to say, we have not done it since, but we can laugh at it now. I think Jack and Lisa were the winners, complete with electric in their house.  But, I actually think they BOTH won...both houses were beautiful!!






No comments: