Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lollipop Jungle

So this week, I am playing catch up.  I have been so busy with my special events that I haven't been able to keep up with my blog.  After the holidays, I will try to add new things on a weekly basis.  Ok, getting back to the Lollipop Jungle.... 

My friend gave birth to adorable twin girls back in September, so I helped both Grandmothers with the baby shower; cutting and building favor bags, tags, welcome banners, and centerpieces wands. The theme was Lollipop Jungle to match their bedroom decor.  The Dotted Swiss Cardstock was the perfect "girly" choice for the favors.  The quality of that cardstock is gorgeous and the colors are vibrant and fun. I love to search for digital art that matches  my cutting files and creates a nice themed package for my events. A high end photo printer does a beautiful job on the tags too, making them crystal clear and high gloss.  Each bag was filled with hand cream and body spray from Bath and Body Works.  


Simple touches... like filling a stemmed water or wine glass with colorful candies  create a festive look  to the tables.  Add a scalloped table topper to the piece or by poking a few double sided  themed wands into the candy filled glasses creates really cute centerpieces. I looked everywhere for pink candies with no luck.  Personalized candies can be ordered online...or grab a few extra bags in February, for Valentines Day.  Lastly, I add a colorful, sugared gumdrop to the top of a long straw which gives a fun, festive look to each wand.  
  

Cute little monkeys hung from the welcome banner and off the pedestal table toppers.
I like to explain to the Moms to Be, that the centerpiece wands can be disassembled and added to their scrapbooks.  As a matter of fact, my gift was  a cute, Doodle Bug Scrapbook!  They come in a few different sizes and the colors are gorgeous and bright.  Another idea is to personalize the first page of the book using the same digital art used for the shower favors....just a nice added touch.  



Now don't throw away that banner!! Most of my Mom's to Be, use them in the nursery.  I try to keep them small, though this one is a med size, but how could you not love those cute little monkeys hanging off the polka dot ribbon? POLKA DOT RIBBON?  YES!!   I try to use polka dot ribbon in all my creations... Polka Dots always make me smile!!  I have to say, this was really a fun baby shower to build.  Can't wait to hold those "little monkeys"!  

No comments: