Friday, February 3, 2012

Oh Boy!!




So I have to admit...I have not kept up with my blog lately.  Sorry about that...I am busy creating some wonderful pieces to share with you soon. Meanwhile, I will try to post now and then so you can get an idea of what's going on over here at Polka Dots and Parties.  
This is a piece I created with a bold and bright theme for a little boy.  My thought is that yes, it can be used as a centerpiece for a party, a dessert table or maybe just party decor, but after I took a step back and looked at it...it reminds me of a beautiful plant!!  A paper plant...so why not give it as a baby gift, or a birthday gift? Poke some candy lollipops or cookies on a stick into the base.  Who won't love that...I know I would! Next week, I will have a couple more complete as well as favors to match...so be sure to check back soon.  
One last update...I added more favorite paper companies to my right side bar.  I will add links on them soon.  Just love going to Archivers in Naperville for all my paper needs.  They are so helpful in that store!  

So until next week...Happy Crafting!

Margie 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to tell you that these are so pretty,
cute, darling all depending on which one I am looking
at. I have been making similar centerpieces for my
family but I use pots (some terra cotta)or empty food
containers. I haven't found anything good that has a lid. May I ask what you use? It kind of looks like a cake frosting container. I'm not trying to lift your idea. Like I said, I have been making similar centerpieces for years but I like yours better. LOL I have just had a brain f**t for the
container I would like to use. If I ever did use your idea but made it my own I would definately say where the idea came from and direct them to your blog. Thx : ) kraftinmel45@yahoo.com

Margie Klodnicki said...

Hi there!! I actually use many different containers from a restaurant supply. I think this one is actually the size of a can of corn. Glad you like them.

Margie